Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Something light: Your favorite comic strip

  1. #1
    Anton von Stockhoff
    Guest Anton von Stockhoff's Avatar

    Post

    Mine is:

    Get Fuzzy

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cincygreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2001
    Posts
    7,366
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Calvin and Hobbs is my all time favorite.

    Gotta put Bloom County/Outland/Opus up there as well.

    I like a lot of them though.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 09, 2006 09:34 AM: Message edited by: cincygreg ]</font>

  3. #3
    Anton von Stockhoff
    Guest Anton von Stockhoff's Avatar

    Post

    I also really like:

    Pearls Before Swine

  4. #4
    Inactive Member travelinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2001
    Posts
    2,440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have Two.

    Day by day
    02 08 2006
    01 19 2006


    Mallard Filmore
    mf1lu
    mallardfillmore8ct

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 09, 2006 03:41 PM: Message edited by: travelinman ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member LanDroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,026
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Visit every Tuesday at
    http://www.workingforchange.com/

    TMW06 02 08

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 09, 2006 06:10 PM: Message edited by: LanDroid ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cincygreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2001
    Posts
    7,366
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Did you happen to notice that I have Dogbert in full supreme ruler garb as my avatar Dulc LOL!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Dulcinea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,016
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looking around my cube, I gotta say: Dilbert.

    I have one of the classics posted where I can easily see it.
    Dogbert: I was trying to decide if you're stupid or just very ignorant.
    Dogbert: Then I thought, "Whoa, Dogbert, you're being narrow-minded about this."
    Dogbert: You could easily be both.
    Dilbert: It only <u>looks</u> easy.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a Dilbert coffee cup, and I read the Dilbert blog regularly.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Dulcinea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,016
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    By the way, Scott Adams's post on the Dilbert blog about the Danish cartoon thing is very amusing.

    If you don't want to follow the link, here it is:
    <font size="4">Cartoonist or Puppet Master?</font>
    Perhaps you?ve heard about the Danish editorial cartoon that sparked riots all over the world. According to the news, the comic featured some disrespectful images of The Prophet, so believers burned Danish embassies and whatnot.

    Let me go on record as saying I don?t approve of the burning of embassies. But I must confess I?m intrigued by the notion of causing it to happen. Apparently the indirect method of causing embassies to be burned down is both totally legal and also a highly prized right. As you know, there aren?t many ways you can burn down an occupied building and get away with it. But it is completely legal to use your freedom of speech to indirectly incite other people into doing almost any dumb ass thing you can think of. That?s a big reason I became a cartoonist.

    I always thought it was unfair that diplomats had diplomatic immunity. They can run over you with their car several times a day while saying the equivalent of ?neener neener? in their own language. And it?s all perfectly legal. As a cartoonist, I have the power to fight back. The next time I see an ambassador double parking, I will mumble to myself ?Say goodbye to your embassy.?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •